Woo Hoo! I will be on TV..

Yesterday was quite an extraordinary day in my lovely little life. Since morning I was pretty upbeat, the beautiful grey and black clouds were covering the whole city of Mumbai, the soft breeze was flowing all around and I was getting ready for my first shoot!!!

Hundreds of thoughts were running through my mind; what? How? Who? Answering so many inquiries to myself, I moved ahead to Inorbit Mall at Malad where a pick up van was waiting for me to drop me at the studio, situated near the beautiful beach of Madh Island. All through my way I was enacting and imitating sometimes also mimicking and probably infinite would be the number if I calculate how many times I have been in front of the mirror!!!

I have always been on the other side of an idiot box (read TV), but it was a chance to see how things are inside it.

It was a memorable experience as I got to meet a lot of people.

The Organizer: Hey Mayur! Finally you came. (I was a bit hesitant to be on the show after I was selected during auditions)

Me:Yeah, finally.

TO: So where are your other team-mates?

Me: I donno who are my team-mates! (I shrugged my shoulders)

TO: (made some nasty faces), No problem. I know who they are, once the other two are here I will brief on what to do.

(and with the end of the sentence, a "I-have-seen-him-somewhere-but-didn't-remember-where" kinda face walks in)

TO: Oh! the other team-mate is here. You must be knowing him, he is from your organisation only.

Me: Ye..yeah...yeah...I...kn...know him...(hmmm)..he is(gosh! I know him but what's his name?)

Me: (walking towards the new guy in the scene) hey buddy! how are you?

New Guy: Hi! yaar I am sorry, I know you but don't know your name.

Me: Same is the case here (and we burst in laughter)

After exchanging the names and getting familiar with each other, we sat for lunch which was arranged by the show organisers. As we completed the lunch the organizer came in with another guy(thank god! he is not from my organization) and takes the pain to introduce him to us. TO left three of us to bring his laptop so as to give us the brief.

Me: (to the third guy) hey! what's your name? what are you doing?

The third guy: Sarang, I am from "Actor Prepares"

New Guy: What's that?

TTG: I am an struggling actor.

Me & NG: Oh! OK

(seems that post is getting longer, let me curtail it)

After the brief of the show we rehearsed on how we will act. we also created a chant for our team Wall Rockers as we named it. After the make-up we went to the shooting area and it was a pleasant surprise to know that Cyrus is anchoring the show. Although we lost the game but it gave me the memories to cherish for lifetime.

Oh! I forgot to tell the name of the show, its "Hole in the Wall" which will get telecasted on POGO channel but don't know when.

Desperately waiting to see myself on the so-called "Idiot Box"...


No comments: